- Listed: October 26, 2014 12:16 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
The high jump, in contrast to numerous contemporary Track & Field events,http://alevworks.com/freerun40.php, does not have roots in the Ancient Olympiad. Rather, its first recorded event took place in 19th century Scotland. (Though there were similar events in the Olympiad and it is contested that the high jump has been occurring since ancient Greece, the Scottish version was almost identical, if not more elementary, than the jump of today.) In the good old days, jumpers gained momentum and strength by scissoring over the bar.
Today the high jump is taken on in a much more technical fashion. The bar is set at a predetermined height and jumpers attempt to clear the bar. There are special high jump shoes with spiked heels used for gaining additional traction in the run up to the foul line. The approach to the bar is often more important than the actual take off. If you approach at the wrong angle or run without enough force,http://theelephantshop.com/coralrun.php, clearing the bar is more of a challenge. Jumpers run at an angle of 30-40 degrees,http://harrietts.com.au/nikefree5blackwomens.php, and it takes between 8 and 13 strides to get to the jumping line. There are several different styles of jumping. The most popular is the Fosbury flop, but there are also western rolls and straddle techniques. All use centripetal force to hoist the body over the bar.
As with most track events,http://www.lbruning.com/shop/bestfreerun4.php, jumpers have three attempts at each height. Heights are raised 2 cm after each round,http://www.labrunette.fr/ladyfootlocker.php, and only those who clear the bar move on to the next round. The winner is he or she who clears the tallest height. If there is a tie, the winner is he who has the fewest failed attempts at that height.
192 x .70 = 134
how many vibrations a second
lowering the pain. Yet
have finished their homework
What I did
How to Dominate Girls Basketball in Your City
Inside the NBA
322 total views, 0 today
Popular Ads Overall
- With this technology (59259 views)
- View basic basketball (39509 views)
- agilities or conditioning. (29733 views)
- author of It’s a Habit (28778 views)
- behind the kneecap (21864 views)
- Is There Anyway To Increase Height And Restart Gro (21672 views)
- at race pace. (20973 views)
- 9MDQPN jordans EIbCuv5Y (13210 views)
- Some Fun Things To Do with an Air Compressor (10282 views)
- Take A Classy Approachse Wicker Baskets And Barrel (8521 views)